9:30 am – 11:00 am
Social justice advocates and communicators, working on critical issues affecting marginalized communities, often face the daunting task of getting community perspectives and voices into the media. As we envision social change communication into the future…
• What strategies do we have to help ensure these voices and perspectives are heard?
• What lessons have we learned from our current changing media environment?
• How can we support the communications capacities of these communities?
• How do we challenge systemic disparities, including the existing media power structure?
• How do we integrate art, culture, and technology into our organizing/communications strategies?
Jason Pramas, Lesley University